Monday, November 2, 2009

Dia de los Muertos: Eye Candy and Sugar Skulls

A little eye candy from my Day of the Dead art making adventures . . .


A couple of ATC's I made for a Day of the Dead themed
swap on Swap Bot . . . with pictures that I took in Oaxaca last year.


The ofrenda or altar I made for my home . . . a place to honor
my late father and grandparents, and the late loved ones of my guests.


and here's me dressed as a Frida Kahlo calavera . . .



for the Day of the Dead procession and last Thursday
art opening on NE Alberta.



Friends came over on Dia de los Muertos to decorate sugar skulls . . .



Here are some of the results of our efforts . . .



I'm lovin' the creativity . . .



Check out the rose gripped in her teeth!


And this one still in process . . .

It's a wonderful holiday that allows us to honor our loved ones who have
passed and be so creative all at the same time!

4 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Holy cow! It took me several scrolls to notice that the cool DotD Frido Kahlo was actually: YOU! Seriously awesome costume.

[word verification: "dualisms". Far out.]

gl. said...

seriously cool costume. wish someone had gotten a picture of you in situ, though! thanks again for hosting sugar skulls and finding the time to party hop over to sven's birthday. :)

Geek+Nerd said...

Love the calavera Frida costume...that's so funny, I was thinking of maybe going as Frida for *next* year :)

Leslie Peterson Sapp said...

I especially love your two ATC's. Really cool and lovely.

ShareThis