Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Little Sunshine in a Grumpy Day

I've been having a grumpy few days.  It's a long story, but much of the grump-inducing had to do with people doing things with my credit cards that I didn't like, followed by doing a very strict paleo program called the "Whole30."  No sugar. No artificial sweeteners. No alcohol.  No canola or safflower oil.  No foods I binge on. And that means no more Coconut Bliss Mint Galactica or Terra Taro Chips for awhile, folks.

So, I went into the kitchen this afternoon to work it off and deal with some of the produce that's been accumulating.  And I decided to try a recipe from the cookbook Well Fed via the Whole30 folks for a peanut-free, soy-free, sugar-free kind-of-but-not peanut sauce. 

It's called Sunshine Sauce, and it's amazing.



Brightened up my whole freakin' day.  I am smiling and dipping red bell pepper strips in the stuff as I write. You can find the original recipe here, on the Clothes Make the Girl blog, or follow the modified one that I used here:

Ingredients:
2 TBLS organic Sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds)
2 TBLS lime juice
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 TSP chili-garlic sauce
1 TSP coconut aminos
2 TSP coconut milk
Fresh grated ginger to taste
Water as needed

Directions:
Blend it all up, except for the water. If it's too thick, add some water and blend some more.  Then, drizzle over steamed spinach or broccoli or chicken breasts or heck, just eat it with a spoon.

And be happy.

No comments:

ShareThis